Do you want to take an advantage of the extra screen real estate to see and do more with your Android device? Buying an extra monitor will cost you lot when you have Android powered device and looking for extra monitor for your PC. REDFLY ScreenSlider app by Celio Corp will help you to use your Android tablet or smart phone as a 2nd PC Monitor.
REDFLY ScreenSlider allows you to be more productive using the Android tablet or smart phone that you already own while working on your PC or laptop. ScreenSlider will turn your Android device into a wireless external monitor for your computer. All you need : Windows, An Android device and Wi-Fi connection.
In order to use android device as an extra monitor you need to buy(cost around $1.99 or in INR Rs. 52.28) and download ScreenSlider app from Android market and request a download link for a free Windows PC/laptop ScreenSlider desktop application from official celiocorp website by providing a valid e-mail address. After installing desktop client follow the below steps.
- Start the ScreenSlider app on your Android device. You’ll be prompted to enter a name for the device.
- Now Right-click on the ScreenSlider icon in the System Tray and select Find devices from the list.
- After getting device list double-click your device in the list.
- A window will open asking you to enter the code displayed on your Android device. Enter the code and accept any prompts that appear concerning licensing your desktop for use.
- The screen will flicker for a short time while connecting your computer and Android device. Once this period is over you can enjoy your extended desktop space.
After connected, your Android device’s screen will be capable of displaying all stuffs your desktop would normally but don’t expect an amazingly clear and stutter-free experience. ScreenSlider is not limited to tablets only but you can even connect your Android phone to use as a 2nd PC Monitor.
Key Features Of ScreenSlider
- Be more productive using the device you already own to get more screen real estate.
- Great for monitoring dashboards, widgets, email inbox, etc. while you work on your main monitor.
- Functions as an external (secondary) monitor for your Windows PC or laptop computer.
- Works wirelessly over your local LAN Wi-Fi connection.
You can also upgrade ScreenSlider to ScreenSlider Pro by paying little bit more which includes several touch gestures and other features.
Key Features Of ScreenSlider Pro
- Upgrade to ScreenSlider Pro directly within the ScreenSlider app.
- Multitouch controls allow you to interact with PC content and apps on your Android device (pinch-to-zoom, pan, scroll, right/left click).
- Use built-in Android keyboard and speech-to-text feature to enter/edit text in PC apps.
- Pull running PC apps over to Android device.
- Transfer files between PC to Android device.
- Mirror mode option.
ScreenSlider is compatible with most Android tablets and smartphones running Android version 2.2 or later and PC with Windows XP (32 bit only), Vista (32 bit only), or 7 operating system (32 bit or 64 bit) which have 1GB RAM, 1.5GH CPU and 50 MB free storage. Presently ScreenSlider available only for Android device and iPhone, iPad and other devices support will be available soon.