Yesterday Facebook launched new Facebook for WordPress plugin through which WordPress publishers can easily integrate Facebook features, such as social publishing and mentions. Facebook for WordPress plugin makes your site deeply social by integrating functionality from Facebook.
WordPress powers 16.6 percent of the web, and attracts more than 600 million unique visitors each month. To make WordPress site more social, Facebook engineers in collaboration with Automattic and other open source partners makes the Facebook integration plugin for WordPress simple for anyone – no coding required. Facebook for WordPress plugin will also work on mobile and support internationalization.
If you want to install this plugin, you need App Id, App secret and App namespace which you can get from the Facebook app page. If you already have a Facebook app for your website, it’s important that you use the same information on the plugin configuration page.
Once the plugin is installed, you can cross-post content published to WordPress to your Facebook Timeline and the Facebook Pages you manage. You can also mention the names of Pages and friends as you post to further distribute your content.
Facebook for WordPress plugin Features
Page and Post Features
All of these features are easy to enable via checkboxes on the Facebook settings page.
- Post to an Author’s Facebook Timeline whenever they publish a new WordPress Post or Page.
- Mention friends and Facebook Pages. This posts to their Timelines as well as lists them on the WordPress Post or Page.
- Post all new WordPress Post or Pages to a specified Facebook Page.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons can be enabled in a click and are fully customizable.
- Facebook Comments, including full SEO support.
- Open Graph Protocol integration.
- Recommendations bar, which allows users to click to start getting recommendations, Like content, and add what they’re reading to Timeline as they go.
All of these features are easy to enable via the Widgets settings page.
- Activity Feed Box. This shows the Facebook user the activity that their friends are doing on your website.
- Recommendations Box. This shows the Facebook user recommendations of pages they should visit based on the actions their friends are taking on your website.
- Like, send, and subscribe buttons.
You can also check Facebook Insights right from your WordPress dashboard as integration included in the plugin which will redirect you to the Facebook Insights page.
If you enjoyed this article, join Free with others and get free email updates!